Eighty-seven percent of U.S. women between the ages of 18 and 64 have been harassed by a male stranger on the street. A new infographic from React Mobile offers a host of runner safety tips ranging from how to deal with harassment to preventing common running injuries.
If you face street harassment while going for a run, the infographic advises:
- Try to ignore the harassment if possible.
- Use strong body language.
- Do not respond to diversions, threats, blame or guilt trips.
- Project confidence and remain calm.
- Do not apologize or make excuses.
- Try not to lose your temper. Be calm.
To learn more about street harassment and to access additional runner safety tips, view the infographic below:
Infographic: Runner Safety