Why Should You Never Run Generators Indoors?

Generators emit exhaust containing carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas. It’s also a very deadly gas, because most victims don’t realize they are being poisoned until it’s too late. When power outages occur after severe weather (such as winter storms, hurricanes or tornadoes), using alternative sources of power can cause carbon monoxide to build up in a home and poison the people and animals inside. Even with the door open, there still isn’t enough ventilation to keep the fumes outside. Prevention tips: Never use a gas range or oven to heat a home. Never leave the motor running in a vehicle parked in an enclosed or partially enclosed space, […]